makes 12-15 muffins
- Conventional oven
- Two large mixing bowls
- Handheld mixing whisk
- Measuring cups (glass for liquid and scoops for dry ingredients)
- Large serving spoon
- Muffin tin (12 or 18 muffins)
- Muffin liners (paper cupcake cups)
- Wooden toothpick
- Oven mitt
- 2 cups of unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1.5 teaspn of baking soda
- 0.5 teaspn of salt
- 1 cup of soy, almond, or rice milk
- 1/3 cup of MCT (fractionated coconut) oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespn of apple cider vinegar
- 10 drops of Doterra Lemon essential oil
- 1.5 cups of fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 375◦F.
Line muffin tin with muffin liners.
Rinse blueberries and let drain.
In a mixing bowl (the larger one if you have two different sizes), combine all liquid ingredients and gently mix with whisk.
In another mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix with spoon.
While whisking the liquid bowl, gently pour/shake in contents of the dry bowl.
Continue mixing until thick and smooth.
Dump in blueberries and gently fold with spoon.
Use large serving spoon to dollop mixture into muffin tins (lined) to about 2/3 full.
Place muffin tin(s) into the oven at 375◦F.
- Check muffins after 22 minutes by inserting wooden toothpick in one muffin. If anything sticks, close the oven and check back in one minute increments until nothing sticks.
Turn off oven. Let muffins sit with door open for about 1 minute.
Use your oven mitt to remove the muffin tin and set atop your stove to let cool for 15 minutes.
Enjoy and share!